I would like to thank Melody for nominating me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions they have set you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate ten people
My answers to Melody’s questions
1. What is the last book you read?
The last book I have read is This Book Will Save Your Life by A. M. Holmes. Its plot is concentrated on an older guy whose life is perfectly organized. He works out regularly, he eats extremely healthily, he has plenty of money and doesn’t have to work any more. However, something seems to be missing in this perfect picture. He is lonely, he hardly ever leaves his house, he is not even sure if he is able to feel… One day a sudden pain strikes him and he ends up in a hospital. This phenomenon triggers many changes in his life which will never be the same again. It’s a really good book which makes one rethink his/her priorities.
2. In your opinion, what is the perfect date?
I imagine that the perfect date would most importantly be the one with a fun, loving person that I would have real feelings for. Ideally, we would do something crazy like a bungee jump or a swing through the Jamaican jungle. Afterwards, we would go to a peaceful cafe, talk, laugh together and simply enjoy each other’s presence. Then, we would go dancing to a beach bar with great music.
3. Why did you start blogging?
I have started blogging because I wanted to share my creative ideas (at first it was poetry). I wanted to help people who are struggling with their lives by sharing my own feelings and advice and showing them that they are not alone.
4. Small town or big city? Why?
Something in the middle 😀 But rather a small town. I don’t like the stressful atmosphere and the fast pace of life in big cities. I prefer calmer places with a lot of nature as they make me feel more balanced and peaceful, but still, not villages – there has to be something to do as well. So far a town which fits best for me is Lausanne as it combines the advantages of a city – a lot of nice cafes, clubs, shops with a lot of nature and the lake.
5. If you could be one of the F.R.I.E.N.D.S characters, which one would you be?
I would choose Phoebe. I like her weirdness and originality. She is a bit of a modern hobo – an independent artist in the city, staying true to her values at all times.
6. What makes you unique?
Hmmm… I would say that the combination of an artistic soul and an analytical mind. I think of myself as an artist – I write poetry and books but at the same time I was always good at logical thinking and mathematical stuff.
7. Do you have any tattoos?
Nope, I once thought about having a tattoo of some meaningful quote, but I think that I change my mind too often and I would get bored with it too soon to commit to something that will stay on my body forever. I think of life as an evolution – I am constantly changing, so there is really nothing that could fit there at all times.
8. What is your favorite quote?
Oh, it’s really hard to choose! I have a 14 pages long document in Word with the quotes I love 😛 But there are two that are very special – I even hang them next to my desk so I get reminded of them every day. I have read them in the book Zen and the Art of Happiness by Chris Prentiss and since then they have become my life philosophy. Here they are:
“Everything that happens to me is the best possible thing that can happen to me.”
“Everything happens at the appointed time.”
Oh, and there is a third one, which cam to my mind now (not from that book):
“Eventually all the pieces fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment and know that everything happens for a reason…” – Albert Schweitzer
9. What is the last movie you saw in the theatre?
Ahh it was ages ago! I think it was We’re the Millers , a really light and funny comedy.
10. What is one thing you are looking forward to?
I’m planning to visit some friends in Germany in December, do some sightseeing, visit the Christmas market. I’m really excited about it since I’ve never been in Germany before and also I miss my friends who are there now.
1. If you could go anywhere in the world, which place would you choose and why?
2. What traits from your childhood have you kept?
3. What is your dream job?
4. What are the things you are most grateful for in your life?
5. What is your philosophy in life?
6. What is the best book you have ever read?
7. If you had an option to change places with any person in the world, would you do it? If yes, who would it be?
8. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
9. What is one of your dreams that has been fulfilled?
10. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
1. Long & Luxe
10. Life being girly